Here is the UAWA logo as it is currently:
This isn’t the best logo in the world but it isn’t the worst. The more I thought about it the more I realised that the concept is actually very apt. I spoke to the tutor about it and he said I should see what I could do with it. He meant see if I could modify it to make it a bit less jarring.
I tried using image trace in Illustrator to see what would happen. As you can see, it didn’t work very well:
So instead I fully remade the logo out of vectors:
I made a number of different versions so I could see which one would be best.
Below I took away the small line at the bottom of the neck:
Below I took away part of the circle to open it up:
Below I took away the part that separated the hands.
I tried it in black.
Here I changed the shape under the arms. I liked the new shape so…
…I altered the vector to match the image above. I did this by drawing a tear drop shape using the pen tool. I copied and pasted it and then used the rotate tool.
I used Minus Front to make the tear drops into an empty shape as opposed to a shape filled with purple.
Here is the finished logo. I will show my tutor and see if he thinks its suitable.